Looking for the perfect Scottish Thistle Charm earrings in a high quality clean design? You’ve found it! It’s great earrings for every day wear. A perfect gift for a for any woman with Scottish ancestry or a Outlander fan!
- hypoallergenic ear wire.
- charms are Pewter, fine silver plate with antiqued finish.
- charms each measures 1 inch height by 0.8 inch width.
- thistle charm has same pattern on booth sides.
- findings are Stainless Steel, pewter or nickel free plate alloy.
- all materials and finish is Cadmium and Lead free.
- ships from Conifer, Colorado.
The Scottish thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
These earrings come on a jewelry card. Included is a card describing the meaning of the charm/knot.
I think you will like the matching necklace and bangle!
Handcrafted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado 🏔.