This is a listing for SEPTEMBER-SAPPHIRE birthstone only. Find the other options in separate listings. Look first in the title. Thank you!
Create a unique treat for yourself, your daughter or best friend by personalizing this necklace with initial and birthstone. Getting married? Show your bridesmaids how much they mean to you with this personalized necklace.
- stainless steel chain with lobster claw clasp.
- bail and charm is fine silver plate with antiqued finish.
- charm measures 1 inch height by 0.8 inch width.
- thistle charm has same pattern on booth sides.
- findings are Stainless Steel, pewter, copper or nickel free plate alloy.
The Scottish thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
This necklace comes on a jewelry card. Included is a card describing the meaning of the charm/knot.
Handcrafted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.