Scottish Thistle Charm Necklace on Trinity Bail.
N A T I O A L ∙ F L O W E R
Looking for the perfect Scottish Thistle Charm necklace in a high quality clean design? You’ve found it! It’s great necklace for every day wear. A perfect gift for a for any woman with Scottish ancestry or a Outlander fan!
I T E M ∙ S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
- stainless steel chain with lobster claw clasp.
- bail and charm is fine silver plate with antiqued finish.
- charm measures 1 inch height by 0.8 inch width.
- charm has same pattern on booth sides.
- findings are Stainless Steel, pewter, silver and nickel free plate alloy.
M E A N I N G ∙ S Y M B O L I S M ∙ L O R E
The Scottish thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
This necklace comes on a jewelry card. Included is a card describing the meaning of the charm/knot.
Handcrafted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado 🏔.