Scottish Charm Thistle Necklace with Fire Polished Beads and thistle Charm.
The Scottish thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
This necklace is aglow in warm golden colors. The rounded wire features a mix of warn gold toned Fire Polished Czech Beads that perfectly compliments the adorable thistle charm.
- stainless steel chain including bead bar measures approximately 21 inch with 4 inch extender.
- stainless steel extender with Fire Polished Czech bead charm.
- 3-4 mm Fire Polished beads.
- charms is Pewter, fine gold plate with antiqued finish.
- thistle charm has same pattern on booth sides.
- thistle charm measures approximately 19mm height by 15mm width.
- findings are Stainless Steel, pewter, copper or nickel free plate alloy.
- all materials and finish is Cadmium and Lead free.
Handmade in Colorado.
This necklace is perfectly presented in a small tin. Included is a card with the meaning of the charm/knot.