Scottish Thistle Charm Earrings with Lever Back Ear Wire and Large Enchanting Czech Bead.
N A T I O A L ∙ F L O W E R
These beautiful earrings incorporate a classic version of the Scottish Thistle with a large Czech bead that catches the surrounding light to return mysterious flashes of color in enchanting tones of pink, purple and green. A spectacular interpretation of the beloved National flower of Scotland.
I T E M ∙ S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
- Czech bead measures 11x8mm.
- Surgical steel or sterling silver lever back ear closures.
- Charm in fine silver plate with antiqued finish.
- charm measures 1 inch height by 0.8 inch width.
- charm has the same pattern on booth sides.
- findings are Surgical Steel, Stainless Steel, Britannia Pewter, Sterling Silver.
M E A N I N G ∙ S Y M B O L I S M ∙ L O R E
The Scottish thistle as a Heraldic badge. Since the reign of Alexander III (1249–1286) the thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland. From then on it’s been the symbol of the Order of the Thistle, a chivalric order of Scotland. According to legend, a Norse army was attempting to sneak up on a Scottish army's encampment. Being barefoot was a Norseman’s misfortune since he stepped on a thistle. His cry of pain alerted the Scots to the attack. The Thistle is Scotland's national emblem. A symbol for bravery, courage, and loyalty.
P R E S E N T A T I O N
Included in the jewelry gift box you’ll find a jewelry care card and a card describing the meaning of the charm/knot.
Handcrafted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado 🏔.